Sunday, March 19, 2006

It seeps...

Remember this post? Well, I present you with TPF's newest intermediate record: 28 seconds. Yes, ladies and gentlemen, that's a three second improvement.

Unfortunately, a new Expert record remains elusive, but I know I shall succeed one day. How can I be so sure, you ask? Ah, well, that can be attributed to a rather uncomfortable incident that befell me this week. To put it bluntly, a pigeon pooed (or pood? Or pooped? OK, fine, excreted) on my head.

Now if you knew me, or if you were perspicacious enough to notice the subtle hints offerred on this blog, you'd know that I am absolutely and completely obsessed with cleanliness. To an unhealthy degree, I admit it. Thus, bird poo on my head is the type of thing that is enough to drive me into a fit of hysterics.

It did. I hyperventilated. I hid behind a tree for no rational reason. I squealed. I panicked. I jumped about taking no action whatsoever. I swear I could feel it seeping into my skull.

Luckily, Harry, Micky, Pan and Marry were all present. I can safely say that they saved my life, especially Marry, who is endowed with a sense of practicality that I must say I envy. Harry spent most of the time laughing at me (I still resent that, you bitch!) but she also helped with the whole tissue bringing and calming down parts of the operation. Micky wore a faint look of disgust on her face but was equally helpful. Pan laughed until we reminded her of the vintage skirt incident. A few minutes later, my hair was blissfully clear of that horrid, horrid substance.

During the cleaning operation itself, one of the more idiotic members of my year passed by and noticed that four people were picking at my head.

'Have you got head lice?' she asked, thinking that she was being extraordinarily funny.

'Yes! Want some?' I yelled. Freaking idiot.

And what exactly is the point of this story, you ask? Well, you know how they say that if a bird does its business (help me, I'm running out of euphemisms here) on your head, it's supposed to bring luck. I used to think that was just a way to make people feel better about the whole disgusting ordeal, but I stand corrected. A day later, I broke my minesweeper record in the physics lab. In fact, we do anything but physics in that classroom. Our incompetent teacher seems oblivious to the fact that IBs are in a month and we still haven't finished the syllabus, so she spends half the time making useless photocopies and cracking dirty jokes that are hardly appropriate. I'm the only girl in the class so I have to endure a bunch of goons laughing at statements such as 'Imagine the planets as balls,' and 'Uranus is the seventh planet from the sun.'

Still, I can hardly complain. I did break my intermediate record after all, and the pigeon poo luck might extend to making me get a nice 7 in my physics IB in spite of the abysmal teaching. Yay!

Labels:

9 Comments:

Blogger Panacea said...

I'll tell you something interesting, bird poop as we all call it isn't poo at all but bird urination. Since birds urinate uric acid, which is not a harmful waste produce, they don't need to dilute it in water like mammals and fishes (go nerdy biologist me!)

Its amazing how you can so easily forget the person who ran for the tissues with Booby Girl giving me weird looks and actually took the bird umm..urine off your hair before Marry put water on it and all you do to thank me is remind me of the 'vintage skirt'. Honestly, looking at you hiding behind a tree squealing was hilarious.

I had to read the Uranus joke twice to get it. Your physics jokes remind me of my Bilogy class synaptic clefts and shafts and homo erectus jokes. Its pathetic really. At least you have Juzie to flirt with in physics!

Wow..this is long...

10:24 PM  
Blogger niTin said...

Why is the blog named the poodlesfriend? shouldn't it be named something to do with your hair and its melodrama. If I'm not wrong, and I didn't recheck, or google, this is the third time something happened to your hair. shaving cream, poo (or urine, God I'm getting half of my tuitions worth from you two's blogs alone)and that nasty kid in the metro.
It will be wonderful though when later on your husband wonders why he is losing his hair and you show these posts to tell him how much care you took of your hair unlike him who shampooed his hair once a week or worse a month or never, when he was younger.

11:26 PM  
Blogger Eris said...

tpf- sure it means good luck. uh huh. if thats what makes you feel better....... sure.
oh and pan honey? thats bird poop and urine combined..... they dont have seperate ..... ahem.... disposal units like mammals do. and its not harmless, just a little less toxic and basically insoluble so water would be pretty much useless. why do i know this? because we had a whole chapter on nitrogeneous wastes in the 12th and uricotelism was a major part of it. joy.

6:28 AM  
Blogger Charlie said...

TPF: I just dropped in from Sophia's blog and laughed myself to death. You put new meaning in the term, "Da bomb".

I am extremely happy that it was a pigeon rather than an elephant. I would have heard your scream from there to here, in which case I would have said to my beloved, "Did you just hear something?"

In your case, I apologize for my screen name.

8:34 PM  
Blogger Panacea said...

Eris darling, I was quite aware about the nature of bird disposal units thank you very much, but didnt think it appropriate to go into details on someone's blog.
Uric acid is relatively less toxic and insoluable I agree compared to urea and ammonia, which is given out by mammals and fish. Wow, a chapter only for nitrogenous waste? And here I was whinging about the fact we have a chapter only for the kidneys and excretion. Well at least you studied this for your 12th, I have to give an exam on this in a month.
Remind me to tell you about this human poop and sewage diposal video we saw before lunch in Chemistry class 2 weeks ago..

10:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ugh. No more discussion about chemistry sewage disposal videos... PLEASE!
TPF.. I suppose I'm not a mine sweeper faan (I still have not understood how it works!) but..3 seconds.. sounds a bit puny (?!) to me...

5:10 PM  
Blogger The Poodle's Friend said...

nitin- I am touched that you would remember the exact number of times my hair was mentioned in this blog. Here is an explanation for that phenomenon: my hair is the centre of the universe.
I hope that explains things.
Oh, about shampoo. You have no idea how much of it I used that day when I was washing my hair. I think I must have emptied the whole bottle.
And for the record, my husband will not lose any hair. He will be perfectly hairy, thank you very much. But i detect a certain sensitivity towards that issue in your comment. Are you, perhaps, one of the many victims of alopecia? If so, I direct you to the line of thinking that says that it is a sign of virility. That should make you feel better. =)
Pan and Eris- This is possibly the most disturbing exchange of information that I have ever had the pleasure of witnessing. As frankengirl observes, you know waaaay too much about bird poo. Please try to act normal, for the sake of appearances. And Pan, dear, Booby Girl was giving me weird looks. I was the one with bird poo in her hair. Stop feeling sorry for your self, you vintage-defiler, you! =)
APS: Welcome! (yes, I have manners) If elephants lived on trees, I'm sure one of them would have eventually pooed on my head, in which case you would have definitely heard me scream. You know, I was actually on an elephant once. It was prickly. That's all I remember.

5:37 PM  
Blogger Charlie said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

7:36 PM  
Blogger niTin said...

You are in fact, right and wrong. I'm not yet a victim of alopecia, but it is about as inevitable as death(and worse too)because it runs in the family. So yes you were right I'm rather sensitive about the topic.

3:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home