Thursday, May 25, 2006

Condi's Playlist

Have you ever asked yourself what a typical Condoleeza Rice iPod playlist looks like?

Neither have I.

Luckily, Bono has. Now I don't like Bono much (I don't like him at all, actually) but I'll give him credit for asking the important questions. Good job, Bono. These are the things I'd really like to ask if I came face to face with Condi.

It seems that Condi is fond of classical music. But look at that number two.

I almost dropped off my chair when I read that. No, really. Cream? That's just... that's... cool. You wouldn't expect Condi to be cool, would you? Maybe she is, I mean, I don't know her or anything, but she doesn't look very cool. She doesn't look like the kind of person who'd listen to Cream. Now Tony Head as Ripper listening to 'Tales of Brave Ulysses' is totally believable, but that's Tony Head. This is Condoleeza Rice we're talking about.

Can you see her bopping to the inspired 'Sunshine of Your Love' lyrics?

Neither can I.

By the way, you can totally tell that she wanted to put Cream at number one but she had to maintain some sort of composure, so she was forced to pretend to like Mozart more. Which is impossible. I mean, how can you possibly like Mozart more than Cream?

This article threw me into a fit of self-doubt, I must say. Who knew Condi was a kindred spirit? Seriously, she likes Cream! Am I supposed to like her now?

Well, I do.

ROCK ON, CONDI! YOU HAVE MY VOTE!

Even though I'm Turkish and I can't vote for your election. Pity, that.

Another thing that jumps to my attention is the beautifully vague number 7.

Condi: Hmm. Bono. Who's Bono again? You too? Oh, U2. Like the spy planes? We send those around. Sometimes they get shot down and summits collapse. Oh, you meant the band? There's a band called U2? Silly name. What, they're famous? Pah! Brahms is better. What's that? The Bono guy is editing this issue of The Independent? Oh my. I cannot possible forget to include one of his songs in my playlist. Trouble is, I don't know any of his songs. Maybe George knows some. I'll ask him. George, I need to put a U2 song in this list but I don't know any. What can I do?

George: Just be vague and say what they want to hear. That's always worked for me.

Condi: Well, actually...

George: Silence!

Condi: OK. People are stupid anyway. They'll believe it.

And so we have Condi pretending to be a U2 fan for the sake of appearances.

Condi, you are my hero. I love you even more now.

Labels:

7 Comments:

Blogger ash said...

I don't really have much to say on the post TPF (although I laughed at the link to that poll on George Bush). But I did want to say thank you for your comment on my blog, it was really sweet. And thank you to Pancea too, who I'm sure is reading this.
I might not be writing for a little while but I'll definitely still be reading your blogs :)

8:33 AM  
Blogger Eris said...

honey, i mean this in the nicest possible way, you need to get a life.

3:35 PM  
Blogger Panacea said...

Hey Ash! *waves*

Now am I supposed to like Condi because she likes Cream? OMG, she has Aretha Franklin and Kool and the Gang too, which is rather cool. Alright Condi, you have my vote too, even though I'm Indian.

I'm sure people must be glad that the the fate of American politics does not lie in our hands :)

I'm not quite sure what your problem is with U2. U2 is rather cool. I mean, have you seen Bono? I love him!

5:05 PM  
Blogger The Poodle's Friend said...

Ash: Yeah, the poll's pretty funny. Poor man. 33%. That's pretty bad. *sends another virtual hug*

eris: FINE. BE THAT WAY.

Pan: Hey Pan! *waves* Look, Condi, you have two international votes! Don't you feel special?
Bono is annoying.

frankengirl: Aw, you flatter me! =D I'm glad you got the Buffy referenece.

10:09 PM  
Blogger The Poodle's Friend said...

PS: I wonder, has anyone even read the U2 crisis link? Because it's really interesting, you know. OK, fine, I'll stop being a nerd.

10:40 PM  
Blogger Eris said...

hey! you can't get mad at the bald girl. sniff

8:00 AM  
Blogger Attila the Mom said...

I just loved this! Great post.:-)

2:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home